Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Icing on the Cake

I remember my parents always talking about how fast the time goes when you have kids.  I never really understood or gave that much thought until I had children of my own.  Each time we celebrate one of our kids' birthdays, it's bittersweet.  It's a celebration of the day God blessed us with each one of them, but it's also hard for me because they are growing up so incredibly fast. I'm that mom that will cry as we sing happy birthday.  For me, the last two years have been the quickest of my life.  Two years ago tomorrow we welcomed our baby girl into the world.  I remember so clearly how I felt two years ago tonight....wondering what she would look like, how big would she really be and what we would decide to name her?  I am so thankful God gave me two boys before our baby girl...they are wonderful with their sister and will be great protectors for her.  When I put her to bed tonight, I quickly realized it would be the last time I put my ONE year old to bed...another bittersweet moment.  She has brought such joy to our lives. One of my great friends says you will love each age/milestone that your children reach.  She is so right. I'm probably more sentimental/sappy now because she is my last baby. We had a garage sale last weekend and I cried over giving up so many of their baby items. It's hard to let go of those special pieces.  As we prepare to celebrate her birthday, I realized one statement summarizes our Baby Kate.  She is THE icing on our cake of life.  What a wonderful blessing and joy she is and I thank God everyday for bringing her into our lives.  Happy Birthday Katherine Danielle Harshman!!! xoxoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment