Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Lost and Found

The title of this entry really encompasses so many things, but after the day I've had, I can find good and bad in both terms.  As of late, I've made a conscious effort to try to find the good in all things, situations and people because it really does put life into perspective.  It helps me set aside the petty things that would normally irritate me, and allows me to open my heart and mind to other things. In all of our lives, we all have things we've lost and we've all had things we've found.  My day today has brought a great deal to the surface.
Here are some things that I've lost, both good and bad.
This morning, thanks to a state trooper, and my 10 mile an hour over the speeding limit, going with the flow of traffic foot,  I've lost $150 from my wallet due to a speeding ticket by 7:15 a.m. Thanks buddy. Later on this morning, I was asked to join a meeting with my boss and the superintendent who presented me with a RIF (reduction in force) notice.  For anyone who doesn't understand that, think pink slip.  A sign of the times. So as of June 1st, I'm out of a job unless the board makes some cuts elsewhere. So two losses that make me very happy to say goodbye to April 20th.
Now, onto a good loss.  I don't share this unless I'm asked, but today I'm just putting this out there because on the spectrum of losses, I'll take this one for sure.  I've been overweight most of my mid-20's and throughout this last year and a half.  15 months ago, I began a focused effort on loosing not only the "baby" weight, but also those extra pounds that showed up on my backside.  To date I've lost 94 pounds.  Yep, 94.  Hot damn. I set three goals for myself and I'm within 12 pounds of the first goal. Definitely the hardest thing I've ever done.  Getting divorced was easier.  Really, it was.
Let's move to finding things.  What have I found as of late?  A new relationship with God.  When I've prayed for answers and prayed for comfort, he provides.  I joined St. Peter's and Paul's parish this year which has been immensely rewarding.  My brother teaches the RCIA classes one must take to go through this process.  So not only do I have a deeper understanding of what living life as a Christian really means, but I also grew closer in my relationship with my brother going through this process.  I thank God everyday for the blessings I've been given with this new opportunity.
One final find for now.... loosing my jobs means a lot of things and I'm a true believer in everything happening for a reason.  I know I'll land on my feet.  I am finding that having new found "time" at home with my children will be an opportunity that brings about great blessings. I've always wanted to have an opportunity to be a stay at home mom...this just might be my opportunity, so again.....I've been blessed. My oldest son attends the school I currently teach at and I've had him on my team.  I asked the Lord to give me a year with him at middle school and then whatever happens after that, I would openly accept.  The Lord gave me this past year with my Matthew and for that I will be forever grateful.  What a special time for us.  I will miss being with him every day at school, but maybe it's time for me to be with his younger siblings during the day. He's off to a wonderful start and I work with some amazing people that I KNOW will take care of my son.
So in this life box of lost and found, I have found many things to be grateful for and to that I say thank you to the good Lord.

Peace and pickles,
R  

2 comments:

  1. Well...that was some day you had! I am in awe of anyone who can look thru the crap and see the other side for what it is, a new opportunity! Have a happy Easter! Luv you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, I am also in awe of the 94 fragging pounds- way to go!!!

    ReplyDelete